Horticulture Development Program (State Sector) for Scheduled Caste/Tribe Farmers
Obectives of the scheme
• To encourage scheduled caste/tibe farmers of Uttar Pradesh for production of horticulture cash crops.
• To provide facility of necessary agriculture investments for production of horticulture crops.
• To provide advice/consultation regarding horticulture crops and to encourage bee keeping as a supplementary enterprise.
• Betterment of farmers through production of horticulture crops.
Districts covered under the scheme
All districts are covered under this scheme.
Name of Program
Promotion of hybrid vegetabes viz; hybrid capsicum and vegetables of pumpkin category (Bottle gourd, pumpkin, bitter gourd, cucumber and taroi).
Spice development program, viz; chilli, coriander and garlic farming.
Expansion of floculture, viz; farming of rose and marigold.
Integrated pesticide management.
Bee farming program.
Eligibility of applicant
• Applicant should be of scheduled caste/tribe status
• Beneficiary should have land in his/her own name.
• Applicant should be ready to implement the program under the scheme through laid guideline with full diligence and honesty.
• Applicant should have identity proof by way of Voter I.D./Adhar Card/Passport/Ration Card and for land ownership should have copy of Khatauni. For transfer of subsidy amount directly to beneficiary’s bank account; photocopy of first page of bank passbook bearing name of account holder, account number, branch name, and IFSC code should be provided.
Permissible land area
• Maximum 0.2 hectare per beneficiary for production of vegetables. Spices and flowers.
• Maximum 0.4 hectare per beneficiary for I.P.M.
• Five bee boxes (with bees) per beneficiary for bee keeping.
How to apply
Farmers interested to take benefit of the scheme may register online on the web site http://agriculture.up.nic.in